Wednesday, November 24, 2010

29.

This is an unusual post, because there are no pictures, and only words. Because I feel that as a Kiwi, I need to dedicate part of my page to something important, and I feel that I need to share my feelings with you at this moment. Because right now, fashion and other things seem superfluous.

This is to the families of the 29 miners who perished in the Pike River Mine disaster in New Zealand today. If you are not from New Zealand, this may not affect you as much as it does me, but being a kiwi, this hits the heart and cuts it deep. My only hope is that they felt no pain in death, and that their families now at least have some closure and can begin their grieving process. I was hoping for a miracle rescue, as I am sure we all were, but unfortunately it was not to be. However we will remember them for their brave efforts in their field, and they will forever be marked in the pages of New Zealand History.
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.
 
Least we forget.
x x x

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow some awesome radness